FIFA World Cup Advertising Guide
Break through the noise with precise contextual targeting segments
Viewership for the 2022 FIFA Men’s World Cup is expected to reach 5 billion people across the globe. And with the U.S. National team returning to the tournament for the first time since 2014, American fans are sure to tune in — the last U.S. World Cup appearance boasted the most-watched soccer match ever in the U.S. Reach soccer fans around the world with curated contextual targeting segments and a brand safety strategy that considers the complex geo-political situation of this year’s tournament.
Increase in consumer digital content consumption leading up to FIFA World Cup
Get started with our FIFA World Cup toolkit today
Prepare your digital media strategy for this year’s World Cup with a few helpful resources: A geo-political guide, contextual targeting strategy advice, and our brand safety and suitability one sheet
With Contextual Targeting you get:
- Cookieless Targeting to reach your audiences
- Curated seasonal segments for targeting World Cup-related content at the page level
- Scaled content adjacency to drive outcomes
Ensure brand protection and support quality news outlets
This year’s tournament location presents a complex situation for advertisers and publishers. Learn how you can keep your brand protected, support quality news outlets, and avoid funding misinformation. IAS has developed an action plan so you can ensure your digital ads are safe and suitable for navigating geo-political conflict. Download our guide to navigating FIFA’s geopolitical conflict below.
With Brand Safety & Suitability you can:
- Access page-level analysis using machine
- Customize risk thresholds across our standard brand safety categories for protection at scale
- Gain time back from the manual maintenance required to keep brand-specific keyword lists up-to-date
With Contextual Avoidance segments you can:
- Access over 100 pre- and post-bid contextual avoidance segments
- Avoid reliance on keyword blocklists, so you don’t have to sacrifice scale
- Leverage our cognitive semantic intelligence engine to best decipher what content fits your unique brand needs.
Enter the IAS FIFA World Cup Sweepstake
IAS is excited to launch our first FIFA World Cup Sweepstake! Challenge teams, regions, or even continents and get your peers to sign up to go head-to-head and come out on top! We’re proud to announce that our FIFA World Cup Sweepstake will be supporting leading global LGBTQ+ charities.
Watch out for reminder emails to select your winner predictions and earn points for correct predictions throughout the World Cup!
Should you place in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in our tournament, IAS be making donations in your name to Stonewall, The Human Rights Campaign, and Hidayah LGBTQ+ as everyone deserves the right to be who they are, no matter where they are. Winners will be announced in January!