Media Quality Report Sets Local and Global Benchmarks
Sept. 4, 2019 (New York, NY) – Market-leading digital ad verification company, Integral Ad Science (IAS), today released the latest global media quality benchmarks on viewability, ad fraud, and brand risk. Measuring over 1 trillion media metrics daily, IAS is able to observe media quality developments as they occur in real-time. Leveraging this vast database, the Media Quality Report offers an industry barometer against which ad buyers and sellers may benchmark the quality of their campaigns and inventory.
For the first time ever, the latest edition of the report provides a snapshot of media quality around the globe, including major digital markets and high-level benchmarks in a singular source for marketers and publishers. Across the board, IAS found that ads are becoming more viewable worldwide and that ad fraud and brand risk averages are on the decline.
- Global viewability averages surpassed 60% across all ad formats and environments in the first half of 2019.
- Desktop video ads achieved the highest average viewability rate worldwide at 71.9%, up from 69.4% in the same period a year prior.
- In the US, mobile app display ads far outperformed viewability rates worldwide at 67%, compared to the global average of 62.3%.
- Italy registered the highest viewability rate across all benchmarks and countries analyzed, with 80.4% of mobile web video ad impressions remaining in view for at least 2 seconds while half or more of the player was also in view.
- Desktop video fraud rates dropped below 1.0% worldwide, driven by steep reductions in optimized-against-ad-fraud rates in the US, UK and Italy. Across these three markets, lower fraud rates in programmatic transactions were the key factor behind the improvement.
- Worldwide brand risk averages were down by roughly one percentage point across desktop display, desktop display and mobile web display in the past year.
The Media Quality Report is available for download here. For more information, please reach out to email@example.com.